Laminate is a decorative material that is based on the combination of layers of kraft and decorative paper impregnated with thermosetting resins. This process produces a solid material whose properties of high density and resistance to humidity make them ideal for the multiple decorative applications and contract projects both indoors and outdoors.
Today, thanks to its particular properties, laminate is widely used in miscellaneous fields. Its excellent mechanical and physical performance and toughness, make laminate one of the most popular materials in interior and exterior design. Also, due to its hygienic qualities and ease of maintenance, it has always been widely used in kitchens and everywhere that requires special attention to hygiene.
According to the thickness of the laminate and how to manufacture it, we can find several types of laminate, such as HPL (High Pressure Laminate), Compact Laminate (whether Interior & Exterior Compact Laminate) and CPL (Continuous Pressure Laminate). In our work with the best manufacturers of laminate such as Abet Laminati and Formica amongst others, we rely on the highest quality european laminates to cover the widest range of client necessities.
Overview on Laminate Types
- CPL (Continuous Pressure Laminate): ranging from 0.2 to 0.9 mm, equally wide in range as HPL, yet it is a surfacing material that offers the added bonus of flexible or “postformable” application for bended surfaces. It can also be supplied in sheets as well as rolls which minimizes manufacturing wastage.
- HPL (High Pressure Laminate): a thin material ranging from 0.7 to 2.0 mm with decorative face on one side. It is a surfacing material to be pressed on boards, available in a great variety of colors, designs, textures and grades. Served in sheets of different formats to suit manufacturing needs.
- Interior Compact Laminate: a thicker material used as standalone decorative surface with no need for substrates. Interior compact laminate has a decorative face on both sides, with thickness ranging from 2 to 30 mm.
- Exterior Compact Laminate: a thicker material used as standalone decorative and cladding surface with no need for substrates, it is reinforced with UV protective layer for exterior applications. Interior compact laminate has a decorative face on both sides, with thickness ranging from 2 to 30 mm.
General Laminate Properties
- Impact resistant
- Scratch, wear and tear resistant
- Easy to clean & hygienic
- High heat resistant
- Suitable for contact with food
- Moisture resistant
- Machinable throughout its entire thickness
- Can be cold bent or post-formed for curved surfaces in some types
- Sleek and elegant design
- Resistant to common cleaning products and chemicals
- Homogeneous material for precise finish
- Available in antibacterial grade
- Rot proof material, ideal for humid environments
General Laminate Applicantions
- For high-traffic public environments (schools, hospitals…)
- For covering vertical surfaces (doors, wall panels, toilet cubicles)
- For covering horizontal surfaces (worktops, furniture, desks, office furniture)
- In Healthcare and educational facilities
- For façade and exterior cladding
- For exterior furniture