Solid wood flooring is 100% hardwood milled from individual boards of lumber. The legendary durability and easy care of solid hardwood flooring makes it a wise investment. Solid hardwood floor can easily last for 50 years or more with proper care, giving a lifetime of value in any project.
Solid Wood Parquet
Solid hardwood floors introduce an undeniable richness and beauty. Their classic good looks speak to enduring quality and tasteful style that complements any interior setting or lifestyle, from traditional to trendy. It can be installed in most areas, except for moisture-prone spaces such as subfloor levels and full bathroom areas. That’s because solid wood is susceptible to natural shrinking and expanding as it reacts to moisture and temperature changes.
Hardwoods like maple, oak, and cherry have more uniform colors and grain patterns, with little variation board to board. Species like red oak and hickory are more visually striking with heavier graining and robust color variations. Exotic hardwoods exhibit beautiful looks and rich colors, along with high hardness ratings.
For areas with high humidity, choose an engineered wood floor. These floors are genuine hardwood floors made with a cross-layer construction that provides enhanced stability.
ADVANTAGES OF SOLID WOOD FLOORS
- High quality aesthetic result: provides the warmth, beauty, and value of wood, which never goes out of style.
- Strength and durability: it is able to stand up to active workspaces and heavy foot traffic, quality hardwood floors are tough, hardwearing, and have long term durability.
- Easy to clean: Solid wood floors are very easy to clean, it involves vacuuming, moping and keeping the floor dry.
- Variety: Hardwood floors offer a wide range of appearances. There are many colors, styles, stains, and species.
- Better acoustics: A properly installed hardwood floor never emits hollow sounds or vibrations.
- Healthy indoor air quality: Hardwood floors are healthiest floors possible given its organic origin and non-electromagnetic nature tend to attract less dust. Hence, they do not attract allergens, or molds that cause allergies which tend to travel with dust.
- Underfloor heating: Wood provides a great medium to install under floor heating, which today is considered by far the most efficient way to heat.
There are many different species for solid wood flooring, these are some of the most commonly used.
- Domestic hardwoods like Maple, Ash, Beech, Oak and Cherry among others, have more uniform colors and grain patterns, with little variation board to board.
- Exotic hardwoods like Iroko, Cumarú, Wenge, Ipe, Teak among others, exhibit beautiful looks and rich colors, along with high hardness ratings.
|Thickness (mm)||14||Types of wood||Doussie Pachyloba|
|Without bevels||Red Oak|
|Format||Plank||Standard Finishes||Natural oil finsih|